10 Things Learned from Designers in 10+ Years
March 2016 Luncheon Presentation with Emily Potts
Emily J. Potts has been an editor and writer working in the graphic design publishing trade for more than 20 years. In that time, she's managed a slew of publications, people and events. Find out what she has to say about what she's learned along the way.
Be sure to also check out Emily's list of incredible resources she shared during her presentation:
- Design Links - Emily's bi-weekly inspirational design column for HOW. Every other week she features three artists whose work offers fresh, fun, and stimulating creative inspiration. Each artist picks the next link—someone who personally inspires him/her.
- Makers Mentors - An online community designed created to connect creative entrepreneurs to the resources they need to build a business they absolutely love.
- Modern Thrive - Practical education resource for today's professionals. Includes workshops and one-on-one coaching to jump-start your career.
- They Draw and Cook - The internet's largest collection of illustrated recipes created by artists from around the world.
- Goodtype - Instagram collection of artistic letterforms curated by Brooke Bucherie.
- Against the Grain - Neenah Paper's blog which Emily frequently contributes to.
- And keep up with her on her site, Editor on the Run.
2015 Digital Trends
April 2015 Luncheon Presentation with Centro
An examination of key trends in digital advertising, with a focus on the evolving new media landscape, the enormous influence and unique characteristics of maturing millennial and what needs to be adopted for success in 2015 and years to come.